Thursday, April 26, 2018

Welcome to my Jefferson Engine research blog.

Like almost everything I do, this is a WIP, so stay-tuned!

Thanks to the folks over at 'Van Buren: A Fallout RPG Adventure' for suggesting I make a blog, if you don't know about them, check 'em out over at: https://www.facebook.com/f3vanburen/. They're working on making Van Buren in the FOnline engine, I'd check it out if I were you, they tend to focus on the actual game, me: "I'm in it for Jefferson!"

Let's get down to business, for now just some info on hex value edits:

This image shows a highlighted value that determines the amount of files in any ".brf", not really useful right now considering everything Jefferson knows is read from the ".rht" file, but one day perhaps it may have use.








This image shows where SPECIAL values are stored in a ".CRT" file, for those who don't know, a ".CRT" file is what the game exports to "C:\Users\Username\Documents\F3\Characters" These values may or may not be the same as NPC ".CRTs" As I said, everything I do....is a WIP!

*Edit: On the image, it says 2 "Values" it's supposed to be 3 "Hex Values"....also, what is the proper term for those, I am still learning these things.

That's all for now, in the meantime, if anyone wants to make an editor devoted to editing the previous values (Open-Source, of course, community is very important) I would love to hear it.
I got more technical info on the way, currently working on an actual mod for Van Buren.

3 comments:

  1. http://archive.nma-fallout.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=898

    it's a program for extracting the contents of the .grp files in the data folder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. to download just put "archive." between "www." and "nma-fallout.com"

      like this:
      http://www.archive.nma-fallout.com/nma-fallout/fo3/misc/grp_manager_v1_2.rar

      Delete
  2. Ah, sorry for not noticing your comment, I have that program, but it sadly extracts the file without the extension. I've been using f3_unpacker instead.

    ReplyDelete