Wednesday, May 9, 2018

I admit, I've been having some issue trying to figure out how the Jefferson engine handles maps, So in the mean-time here's a filler post that shows how many characters each hex value represents when it calls a model, texture, or name.:

01= 1 Character
02= 2 Characters
03= 3 Characters
04= 4 Characters
05= 5 Characters
06= 6 Characters
07= 7 Characters
08= 8 Characters
09= 9 Characters
0A= 10 Characters
0B= 11 Characters
0C= 12 Characters
0D= 13 Characters
0E= 14 Characters
0F= 15 Characters
10= 16 Characters
11= 17 Characters
12= 18 Characters
13= 19 Characters
14= 20 Characters
15= 21 Characters
16= 22 Characters
17= 23 Characters
18= 24 Characters
19= 25 Characters
1A= 26 Characters
1B= 27 Characters
1C= 28 Characters
1D= 29 Characters
1E= 30 Characters
1F= 31 Characters
and so on

13 comments:

  1. Hello, I was just wondering if you were connected with this blog that recently was deleted http://vanburenproject.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I only just noticed it was deleted today. I did try to message the creator before.

      Delete
  2. Holy FUCK am I happy I found this blog, most things I've found were abandoned or deleted. Also, can you post a link to the f3 extractor you mentioned in one of your posts? I can't find anything through google.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, I had issues finding a link to it as well. Most of the links were dead or I had to dig deep to find.

      http://www.mediafire.com/file/ap2j2o1ogj1ce6l/f3_unpacker.rar/file

      Delete
  3. Also, what is your interest in the tools? Just for curiosity. (I had the same question asked for me, when I dug up links.) I should prolly mention the links in a future post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently my comment didn't save the first time, but about my whole reason is "because I can." Messing with Van Buren and maybe even modding it sounds like a fun challenge.

      Delete
    2. Ah, same reason here, I also want to see what can be done with it, if only I could find a way to create savestates.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, that would make things 1000x easier, at least for character editing. Things like that make me wish I could decompile .exe files.

      Delete
  4. You could, I've found a few things to allow me to do so, but the decompiled code is such a mess it's impossible to use.

    ReplyDelete