Saturday, April 28, 2018

Even more ".CRT" info!

No saving isn't an issue, right?

First off, I may go from post to post and update/fix info as I learn, or release a post every now an then that is sort of a "hotfix". I'm only human, and I'm learning all this as I go. Also, kind of a short post today, though it doesn't mean I'm learning less. Also I've been trying to post daily to get things rolling, it may slow down in the future. Anyways, today I'll be talking about how the ".CRT" loads the model/skeleton. To be honest, I don't know which one it loads as they have the same name, but it will get figured out.



So, if I wanted to make a Deathclaw ".CRT" I would need to:
  • Use f3 extractor to get "CrittersDog.crt"
  • Open it with a hex editor, replace "CR_Dog" with "CR_Deathclaw" (Don't worry, it will still work).
  • Change the value "06" to "07"
  • Save the file as "CrittersDeathclaw.crt"
  • Copy it to the "Override" file
  • Run f3.exe, start a new game and type "CreateEntity CrittersDeathclaw.crt"
  • Done, it should be standing right in front of your character.
    Note: It will be animated, not attack, and seems to be loot-able like it's dead.
Go ahead and do this with some of the other critters that have no ".CRT", share the results.

Next time I might have a look at maps, been doing some research there. Might also look into some multiplayer info.

3 comments:

  1. If you use 07 instead of 06, it crashes, probably because it's trying to find CR_Deat and not CR_Deathclaw.

    I replaced 06 with 0D, and the deathclaw loaded in correctly.

    I also tried a few other creatures.
    CR_GilaMonster (No crash, but didn't appear)
    CR_Ant (Again, no crash, but didn't appear)
    CR_Weedling (Still no crash/not appearing)
    This probably means that other creatures need some sorta extra data. I know some creature files specify .amx files, iirc, and the deathclaw doesn't need that. I'll try messing with that at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Messing about further with patches, changing textures is REALLY easy to do. A link to a patch that turns power armor neon green is below.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/foi082u90jj1c1a/NeonPowerarmor.zip?dl=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. You may be better at this then me.

    ReplyDelete